Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have a piece of commercial property and over the years i

Customer Question

i have a piece of commercial property and over the years i have put items i intend to sale. the city of hanford says i have no business license to do business there. i told them i wasn't doing business there. now they say i can't store there. they want all the trash,junk and debis removed from yard. what they feel is junk, i consider product.
they say lot is not approved for storage. keep in mind they will not give me a license or permits for anything. i had steel containers on the property that they didn't like. they told me i needed permits. when i asked how much i got no amount. they said to get a license i would have to pay 1100.00. i said ok.. they said they would consider it after the yard is clean. i own the property i'm not doing business there, i have 100% disibility rating with va and i can't do sustained heavy work. i was given 15 days to complete violation. date written was 6-6-16. date of completion 6-22-16. i received the notice 6-10-16. i have received prior notice and spent approx 3,000.00 dollars. but in order to comply with oth demands, i cluttered the yard. i have placed wind screen around the yard
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) What city/town is this in, and

2) What is the exact violation statute cited in the ordinance ticket?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.