LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

Ga HOV LANE TICKET, DEDICATED HOV LANE, DIDN'T SEE SIGN, IS

Customer Question

ga HOV LANE TICKET, DOWNTOWN DEDICATED HOV LANE, DIDN'T SEE SIGN, IS THERE A DEFENSE?
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: GA
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: NO, I DON'T DRIVE DOWNTOWN OFTEN, WASNT AWARE THERE WERE DDC AED HOV ONRAMPS
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Just like a speeding ticket for which there is no defense for not knowing that you were speeding, a citation for being in an HOV lane is not capable of being defended based on you not seeing a sign.

Your best bet is to pay the fine and avoid the necessity of going to court if that is an option. There is no lesser offense that this can be changed to so about you can do is accept that you made a mistake, pay the fine and move forward.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Would it matter if the ticket reads 3PM and it was 4:40PM ? This was a trap and they were pulling people over in flocks. Predatory and banking on those that do not know this ramp even existed. Dedicated to HOV in the middle of town....all you are looking for is the 85 indicator......I know it was 4:40, because I just missed the license office for the state, they were closed at 4:30, so I headed home after calling them.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I empathize with your predicament, however, if there were signs posted and you just didn't see them, you don't have a legal excuse that will work as a defense to the citation. Minor errors appearing on the ticket don't mean a thing and are not a defense unless for example the time you were caught in the lane was not a time limited by the signs there and the officer wrote in a different time so that you could be cited.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Good afternoon,

Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?

In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.

As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with this afternoon?

Doug