Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I am being harassed and blackmailed by an escort I met one

Customer Question

I am being harassed and blackmailed by an escort I met one night in a moment of drunken weakness. I have given her almost 8 thousand dollars and everytime she says this is the last money I'll need. First it was she was pregnant and she needed 1900 for the birth of the baby then she would go away then she needed 1000 because she was dehydrated and needed to go to the hospital then this week the baby was septic and she needed 700 for an abortion. Not to mention all the other texts threatening to knock on my door and expose all of this to my wife if I didn't give her 300 here 50 there it's almost every other night and I can't take it anymore. I'm terrified every day and afraid to go to sleep at night. I need help
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Good afternoon Joshua,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal, and private, phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How long ago did this encounter happen?

2. What does she threaten to do if you do not give her money?

3. Can you show evidence of the blackmailing that has been going on, or are all of these transactions in cash and unrecorded in any form?

4. How frequently is she demanding money now?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1. About two months ago now.
2. The has threatened to knock on my door in the middle of the night or to go to the police with fabricated crimes I have committed when I mention going to the police. She has no evidence to back her story3. I have used the atm to withdrawal the money for her and the transaction records correspond with her demand texts4. Almost every other daySide note yesterday my father gave them her 128 dollars in the morning for a supposed prescription she needed as a result of an infection from her pretend abortion and told her if we were contacted again he was going to the police. I didn't hear a peep last night
Expert:  LawTalk replied 4 months ago.

Are you willing to have me call you, as I offered to do?