Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

On10/9/15 I returned equipment to centurylink and have my

Customer Question

On10/9/15 I returned equipment to centurylink and have my receipt. Now they have turned it over to a collection agency for the amount of $778.05. I've called several times to explain and they told me they have record of the return but I owed $135.00 for final bill. I paid that on 11/6/15. (I have doc. on all transactions). They refuse to credit my acct. and said they won't remove until they see it on their computer. I even called their home office in Monroe, LA but was told they have no control over what the collection agency does. (I spoke to 5 different people but was told they'll have someone look into it. HELP
Expert:  Barrister replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Have you provided the collection agency with the proof of payment?

.

Is this being reported on your credit report?

.

.

thanks

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please email my response as I do not have a smart phone. (*****@******.***) Thank you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
correct email is***@******.***

I am sorry but I don't have any way to email customers on the JustAnswer website as I am just a site user like yourself..

.

I also need to know the answers to the questions I asked....

.

.

.

.

thanks