Kim Courtney
Kim Courtney,
Experience:  Founder/Member at Food Business Association
8989662

I have the IRS wanting to take my home within 30 days, How

Customer Question

i have the IRS wanting to take my home within 30 days , How do i stop that ?
Expert:  Kim Courtney replied 5 months ago.

Hello, I am happy to assist you today.

If the IRS is doing a tax lien on your home, you have to contact them and try to get on a payment plan. You could also file for bankruptcy, which will delay the process, but then they will be able to resume at some point.

You should be able to make arrangements to give them a lump sum now that is smaller than what you owe and then get on a payment plan. If you have any equity in the home you could pull that out through a mortgage and pay them to keep the home.

Let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Kim

Hi there.

I didn't hear back from you after my answer.

If you are all set, please be sure to close the question with positive feedback, so I get credit for my work with you today.

Thanks

Kim

Hello, I am still awaiting a response from you. This question is still open and I need to close it in order to get paid for my time with you.

Please ask me any follow up questions, or close out the question by providing positive feedback.

Thank you

Kim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you that answers my question I should be able to obtain a loan to pay them off !

Ok, you are welcome. Good luck to you.

Please go ahead and close the question with positive feedback, so I get credit for my work with you.

Thank you

Kim

Hi there,

You still need to close you this question. If you don't provide positive feedback, the system may keep your deposit and I won't get paid for my work with you. I appreciate your help in getting this question closed.

Thank you,

Kim

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for the answer I am trying to refinance my home to pay them off ! Thanks !

You are welcome. Please provide positive feedback so that I get paid for my work with you.

Thank you

Kim

Hi there. I see that this question is still open.

Please provide positive feedback so that I get paid for my work with you.

Thanks!

Kim

Hello, I am the attorney who assisted you with your question.

I see that you didn't have a follow up question. If you are all set please be sure to close the question with positive feedback, which will keep the system from keeping your money, and will make sure I get paid for my work with you.

Thank you,

Kim