Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

My car was left into the VW dealership here in Rockville, MD

Customer Question

My car was left into the VW dealership here in Rockville, MD shop for a simple battery change and they called me the day I was to pick it up to inform me that a dump truck backed into it on their lot. They say they will make it like new but all I can see is the external damage. I took photos. Do you think I should get it towed to another body shop to get an estimate. They have still not listed all that has been damaged for me. I just don't want to wait and have issues down the road.
Please advise
Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

It is likely a good idea to have an independent mechanic at least go to the dealership, assess the damages and make sure nothing is overlooked or intentionally kept from you to ensure that everything is repaired.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

Alternatively, you could turn in a claim with your insurance company and have it send an adjuster/mechanic to inspect your vehicle to make sure it is repaired completely and properly.

Expert:  Roger replied 4 months ago.

If the dealership has agreed to cover the damage, this shouldn't cause your premium to increase, etc. as your insurer shouldn't have to pay out anything.