Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

Working as registered nurse 7 years April 30th would not

Customer Question

Working as registered nurse 7 years April 30th would not renew license this year. Claimed I do not have conferred degree. I have passed nclex. I currently have no job, insurance,or way to live.they claim I need to take biology class that was not required when I graduated.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I wanted to further my education and get bachelor degree I was told I did not have associate degree. I informed state board was told no problem. Three months later I received letter from board of nursing that my license would no be reviewed.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Even if you passed NCLEX, they can still now revoke that license for you not meeting qualifications at time of licensing. However, you are going to have to appeal this with the licensing board and present proof to the board that your degree did not require that class when you obtained it and as such you DO have a degree and their claims as they cannot change the rules after you obtained your degree and licensing. If they try to change the rules when it was not required when you obtained your degree you would have grounds to sue the board for improperly revoking your license with an after the fact (ex post facto) rules change, which is prohibited under the constitution.