CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I woke I a hospital with broken bones and blood alcohol

Customer Question

I woke I a hospital with broken bones and blood alcohol .327. When I left the hospital, Royal Oak Beaumont,, my AA sheet, keys and motorized bicycle were gone, I was left with wallet, credit cards, ID and jewelry. I'm thinking trying to get them back from police is not wise, but can they still be looking to give me my 4th DUI?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 8 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn about this situation, while I cannot promise an outcome here, if law enforcement plans on pursuing charges against you, (which they may or may not), they can do this without having you come and make a request for your property.

Law enforcement may have your property which would be helpful to you.

(One thing you can try short of going to the police department is asking for your medical records from the hospital (their medical records office will have these), and perhaps the ambulance run report will show where you were picked up and perhaps if you still had your belongings at that time).