Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's

Customer Question

My brother and I were co administrators of my farther's estates I trusted him to Handel this he came up 140,000$ short. He wrote checks to his wife daughter and 50 transfers to his own saving do I have a case to take to court?
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Yes, you would have grounds to sue your brother on behalf of the estate for breaching his fiduciary duty to the estate and mis-managed the estate proceeds by converting them to personal use without proper authority. You can ask the court or order him to return the money to the estate.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

The best thing you can do is consult a local lawyer about filing suit against the co-administrator and pursue the recovery of the money that was misappropriated.