Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

What reason does someone request a vehicle vessel search?

Customer Question

Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

The typical reasons are:

1) Lien holder needs paperwork

2) Private investigation

3) Repossession, or

4) Taxes

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My concern is we were notified for both vehicles, what information does it provide?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

It provides the following:

1) Lien holder (if any) and their address
2) Title holder and their address

3) Vehicle identification number

4) Date of transfer of vehicle into hands of #1 and #2

5) Yea/make/model of vehicle.

6) License plate number.

The information is mostly focused on the vehicle.

Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.