Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

I have been sentenced 12 months 1 day care fraud. I am the

Customer Question

I have been sentenced 12 months 1 day for health care fraud. I am the only caregiver for my mom. She is in hospice care . Is there anyway or hope to get it changed to House Arrest? Would the BOP be able to help
Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

This is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of your situation. If this sentence was part of a Plea agreement, you would need to petition for a 3 panel review of your sentence. If there was no plea agreement and you went to trial, then you would need to appeal.

Expert:  Sam replied 4 months ago.

The inmate should have a Parole hearing about 8 or 9 months into the sentence. At that time, they can discuss with the BOP a house monitoring arrest while on release. But the BOP cannot interfere at this stage. The petition for sentence review or the appeal would be the routes necessary.