Legalease
Legalease, Lawyer
Experience:  15 years exp all aspects of general law
20355756

Sarasota, FL I need help understanding the following: I am

Customer Question

Sarasota, FL
I need help understanding the following:
I am the at fault defendant in an auto accident (8/21/15). My insurance carrier is Liberty Mutual, $250,000 policy. The plaintiff’s attorney has sent a demand letter to Liberty Mutual, here are some excerpts;
“This letter is a demand for payment of your policy limits of $250,000.” Liberty Mutual is reviewing the demand and supporting documentation.
The demand also asks that I fill out an affidavit of all my assets. This is a condition of settlement.
This settlement and tender in this amount is not received within 30 days, they have been authorized to initiate civil litigation.
This settlement demand is exclusive of any collateral sources, collateral source payments, and/or liens. Further, this demand is not intended to recover all or part of any such collateral sources, collateral source payments, and/or liens. Any general release of claim entered by plaintiff will not release any claims for medical malpractice, products liability and/or other tortfeasor not named in the general release.
Expert:  Legalease replied 8 months ago.

Hello there --

-

Can you give me a few more specifics about the accident?

-

1. Was this just a two car accident (your car and another car) or were there more vehicles involved ?

-

2. How many people were in each car?

-

3. Was the damage to the other car extensive ? Was it totalled? How about your car?

-

4. Was anyone from the other car removed in an ambulance ? And how about you?

-

5. Do you have any idea about how extensive the medical injuries to the other person or other people in the car?

-

Once I receive the answers to these questions I can give you some explanations about the letter and how the process works. Please give me 20-30 minutes to type and post a response (I type slowly and generally am helping more than one customer at a time). THANK YOU