Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Would like a letter drawn up and stating we are in need of a

Customer Question

Would like a letter drawn up and stating we are in need of a hardship loan to prevent bankruptcy. Can I have it drawn up for me and my husband and sent over email?
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I can provide a sample template letter online, via reply here. However this would be an example note, and is not to be used verbatim.

Would this be acceptable?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Has to be on attorney letter head
Expert:  Ely replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry to say that this I cannot do. I will opt out to open this up for others, but generally speaking, JustAnswer experts cannot take customers as clients due to ethical constraints.

Good luck.

Expert:  Maverick replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick. Please note: No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by communicating with me. If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here. Also, please know that I answer most questions within the hour if I am signed on. If I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

1. The previous expert is correct that we cannot put this letter on our letterhead. However, as far as I know there is no legal requirement from lenders that the letter be from an attorney. You case may be different, I don't know.

2. I am happy to look at any paper work that you have to see what type of hardship letter you need if you want to upload it for me to review.

3. For the deposit you have posted, if you want me to show you how to draft a proper hardship letter, please let me know.