Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer
26798026

I have a text conversation from a women who was trying to

Customer Question

I have a text conversation from a women who was trying to purchase a kitten from me. She sent s 100 not refundable deposited. Got pissed cuz kitten wasn't ready at the approximate date and wanted to back out. I told her that was her choice then she was reminded that it was non refundable changed her mind. I told her to contact me in 2 weeks. I didn't answer the phone fast enough. She's in a tizzy. Had some important family issues she cud wait. Next thing she gets to intimidate me having her husband contact me saying his name and that he is an F B I Agent. I replied I will not be intimidated. Isn't against the law to impersonate an agent. There's more this is the short verdion
Expert:  socrateaser replied 5 months ago.

Yes, indeed. Impersonating an officer of the United States is a federal felony offense with a three-year sentence. 18 U.S.C. 912.

I hope I've answered your question. Please let me know if you require further clarification. And, please provide a positive feedback rating for my answer (click 3, 4 or 5 stars) -- otherwise, I receive nothing for my efforts in your behalf.

Thanks again for using Justanswer!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Too short merely a Google answer it would have been professional to give a phone number to contact FBI or website
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 5 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that you're having this problem.

Did you still need help with anything related to this? You can find the FBI office local to your area at this link. The phone number for the New Orleans office is(###) ###-#### ***** can confirm whether the person you were talking to is in fact an FBI agent (although it seems unlikely).

Please let me know if you have any other questions.