Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

TY, Dwayne I see what your saying. K, guess I didn't pay

Customer Question

TY, Dwayne B I see what your saying. K , guess I didn't pay attention to the part about being public and not private. Sell OK, so is It against the rules or law to slander people in my daughter 's situation?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

I don't see the question I answered for you earlier. Could you remind me what this is about?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
What do I need to be asking? Can professionals be held liable for slanderous remarks like we're dealing with?

Sorry for the delay, the website appears to be having problems locking questions today so we can post a response.

Can you provide facts about your daughter's situation to help me remember which one it was? It's not showing up on my list.

Yes, professionals can be held responsible for slander just like anyone else can be. No ones job automatically makes them not liable if they are sued for slander although some situations, like what is said in a courtroom, may not be actionable.

I am about to sign off for the night. My computer is acting up again and I have to run some updates and correct some problems.

If you have additional questions feel free to ask them and I will continue with them in the morning.

If I've answered the questions I'd ask you to issue a Positive Rating so that I receive credit. Even after you issue the Positive Rating you can ask follow up questions since the thread will lock open and can be accessed at any time in the future.

Many customers don't understand that I only receive credit when the customer issues a Positive Rating which is why I mention it.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.