Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation

I had an event at a venue. The owner told me the security I

Customer Question

I had an event at a venue. The owner told me the security I was paying for were licensed retired military and state police long story short they were not, they were unprepared unprofessional. Did not handle incidents, drinking on the job and stole money by accepting money to allow ppl in side doors without paying at the front. They allowed ppl they knew in without checking ID and patting down. a fight broke out they were no where to be found they did not cover the instructed areas. They tarnished my reputation by allowing these incidents to go on as well as causing me to lose over 10k from the door with the theft. I gave the owner 2500 for his security to do a job he promised they would do, they did that in no way, stole from me, and tarnished my reputation
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 4 months ago.

I hope this message finds you well, present circumstances excluded. I am a licensed attorney with over a dozen years of litigation experience. It is a pleasure to assist you today.

Based on what you have shared with me, you have a cause of action for breach of contract as well as for vicarious liability of the owner relative to his security personnel. You can sue the personnel individually as well. The vicarious liability issued would loop the owner in if they cannot or will not pay on the judgment your receive. You also have causes of action of fraud and arguably gross negligence as well. Since this harmed your business and personal reputation (which is tied to your business) you have a cause of action for tortuous interference with business practices as well.

In short, you have a number of different avenues under which you can sue this person and the security team - all of which can be filed under the same law suit.

I would put him on legal notice of your intent to sue via certified letter with a return receipt. Tell him you are open to discussion as to how to avoid this suit by his attempts to make you whole. Tell him he has 5 business days from the post mark to respond. If he does not, you are going to sue.

He likely will not respond and you can then file suit. I wish there were an easier way, but you will win once you get into the court system.

Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (THREE OR MORE STARS) on the ratings bar on your end so I can receive credit for my response.

Thank you and best wishes!

Did you have any additional questions?

Did you have any other questions or comments? I want to make sure you are as comfortable as possible as you move forward.