Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Can a NJ LLC sue me even if the LLC was never in good

Customer Question

Can a NJ LLC sue me even if the LLC was never in good standing and the third party plaintiff to the suit was never an officer of the LLC?
JA: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?
Customer: New Jersey
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: We have just discovered the LLC was not in good standing. He is in court I was waiting to discuss. The suit is of malicious nature
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you mean by "the LLC was never in good standing"?