Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

How can I be guaranteed my ex will refinance if I sign the

Customer Question

how can I be guaranteed my ex will refinance if I sign the Quickdeed taking my name off title?
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Was this ordered as part of the divorce settlement / property settlement process?

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

I don't know if you saw my question above, but I'll answer both ways just to make sure you get the answer you need.

IF your spouse ordered you to quitclaim your interest in the property in exchange for him/her refinancing to get your name off of the debt, then you could file to hold him/her in contempt if this wasn't done.

However, if this is not part of your divorce documents, the simplest way to get this done is to allow your ex to apply for the loan and get approved, and inform the lender that you will execute a quitclaim deed over to her at the closing where she refinances the debt out of your and your ex's name....that way, you can guarantee that no transfer of title will happen until the joint debt is paid and refinanced.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate your conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It was ordered in the decree to be completed in 6 months to refinance and have my name removed plus pay me a dividend. That was in 2007. Obviously she been in contempt
Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Ok. Thanks.

If the court order requires her to do this, then you would need to file a motion for contempt of court and ask the judge to compel her to comply.

Expert:  Roger replied 11 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our contestation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!