Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I would like to be able to review a person's website

Customer Question

I would like to be able to review a person's website without them knowing it. How can I do this?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

What do you mean "review"? Do you mean look at the website? Do you want them not to know you were there at all, or that no one was there, etc?

What's the purpose?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I want to view their website to see how it is put together and see how they promote their product. I may be promoting and selling a similar product. I actually was trying to ask a computer geek, and did not expect a lawyer. I am not going to copy or violate copyright law or try to hack their site. I would like to see what similar firms are doing without them knowing it.I do not care if they know someone viewed their site, as long as they do not know it is me.I usually use Chrome, but also have Firefox. I know in chrome I can go incognito and erase my history. But what I do not want to erase MY history. I just do not want to show up on theirs. I also do not want to get a whole bunch of targetted ads from website.

I can move this to the computer section or I can discuss the legal aspect and then you can open a different question for the tech part, whichever you prefer. There are some legal aspects to this