Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

Can i get a judgement reverst

Customer Question

Hi can i get a judgement reverst
Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Generally, other than by agreement with the judgment creditor, there's no way to set aside a judgment unless it was obtained by fraud, mistake or unless you weren't properly served with process, etc. prior to the judgment.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

If you believe you have grounds to set aside the judgment, you'd need to file a motion with the court to set the judgment aside. If the judgment was by default, you can follow the information here: http://michiganlegalhelp.org/self-help-tools/consumer/setting-aside-default-or-default-judgment-collection-cases

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

If the judgment wasn't a default, then after the court entered the judgment, you'd have to file an appeal within 30 days of the judgment being entered and ask the appeals court to reverse the decision of the trial court.

Expert:  Roger replied 5 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!