How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Roger Your Own Question
Roger, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 31516
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Roger is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can i get a judgement reverst

Customer Question

Hi can i get a judgement reverst
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Generally, other than by agreement with the judgment creditor, there's no way to set aside a judgment unless it was obtained by fraud, mistake or unless you weren't properly served with process, etc. prior to the judgment.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If you believe you have grounds to set aside the judgment, you'd need to file a motion with the court to set the judgment aside. If the judgment was by default, you can follow the information here:

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

If the judgment wasn't a default, then after the court entered the judgment, you'd have to file an appeal within 30 days of the judgment being entered and ask the appeals court to reverse the decision of the trial court.

Expert:  Roger replied 9 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!

Related Legal Questions