Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was arrested and served one week in jail. I am disabled

Customer Question

I was arrested and served one week in jail. I am disabled with a sezuire disorder since a child. I also had a fall 10 years ago off a flight of stairs at my high school where I almost died. I stayed in the hospital for 4 weeks with severe brain damage internal bleeding of the brain. while incarcerated the one week. I was put on the second story tier on a second bunk up ten feet in the air. may 8th I let the staff kno I was dizzy I needed to be moved. they failed to move me. may 9th med pass came and administered my seizre medication while I was on top bunk. an hour later I had a seizure off the bed. feel about ten feet down and hit my head on the concrete. it knocked me out. the staff refused to take me to the hospital and sent me to infirmary where I was given one single tylonol. I had no criminal record prior to being arrested. I am looking to sue. I also let the intake staff know my medical history when they did intake at the jail thank u
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please understand that experts cannot take customers as clients. This website is meant for general information only, such as, how would a case like this work, where can I find an attorney referral, who a suit is brought, etc . If this is acceptable, reply and let me know and we can discuss how a case like yours may look like, for example.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.