Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

AN X ROOMER SIGNED A PAPER TO ADD S NAME ON MY DEED. I TRIED

Customer Question

AN X ROOMER SIGNED A PAPER TO ADD HIS NAME ON MY DEED. I TRIED A LAWYER TO GET HIS NAME OFF. AFTER SPENDING ABOUT 25OO DOLLARS I HAD TO DROP HER. THE NANE IS BOYKIN. THE MAN DIED WITH NO WILL AND HIS DAUGHTER, WHO HATED HIM, TRIED TO COME ON. I TOLD Y LAWYER AND SHE TOLD THE DAUGHTER NO. MY LAWYER SAID THE DAUGHTER SAID SHE WOULD TAKE HIS NAME OFF THE DEED FOR $1,200. DOLLARS. I TOLD BOYKIN [A] I DID NOT HAVE THAT AND WOULD NOT PAY TRIBUT TO A FAMILY OF CROOKS. CAN I TAKE HIM HIS DEATH CERTIFICATE AND JUST HAVE HIS NAME REMOVED. I AM LEGALLY BLIND AND FEAR SIGNING SOMETHING THAT WILL LAGITIMIZE HIS CROOKED DEED. RICHARD OATMAN / ***@******.***
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, you can't just use a death certificate to get someone's name removed from a deed. You are going to have to get a court order since he is dead.

The court order can come from a regular court or it can be from the probate court who handles his estate. If an estate hasn't been opened through the court you would have to do that as well since you have to be able to serve someone with a copy of the lawsuit and, since he has passed away, it would have to be the executor of the estate.

His daughter couldn't have gotten his name off of the estate even if you had paid her because the matter must be handled by the court since he has died.

Please ask any follow up questions in this thread.