Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My grandmother passed away on December 15, 2015. I have a

Customer Question

My grandmother passed away on December 15, 2015. I have a payment slip from Globe Life And Accident Insurance Co. addressed to my grandmother. It states "Melanie's current coverage amount is $10,000, which is $7,000 below the average coverage amount of $17,000. Not having enough coverage could leave your family with unexpected expenses. Right now, you can apply to add $5,000 in additional coverage for only $5.30 more for 3 months to close the gap and help Melanie get an even better head start." I called the company and they said it is only valid if I passed away and the payment would go to my grandmother which seems strange to me because the statement says "help Melanie get an even better head start". Please help. Thank you.
Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry for your family's loss. Can you please clarify: Did you take out a policy with Globe Life? Or do you believe your grandmother took out a policy on herself with you as a beneficiary and did not tell you?

Expert:  Ely replied 5 months ago.
Hello! Just touching base to see if you still needed an answer and if you could reply to my query. Thanks!