Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

I lent my friend $250 through online transfer. I put in the

Customer Question

I lent my friend $250 through online transfer. I put in the notes payable on a certain day which was the same day that I have sent it. In which she has promised me that she'll pay back. How do I get this back?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She won't respond to my calls and I've traced it to her parent's house in which seems that her parents don't care much about her either and she's living with her brother somewhere else.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.

Thank you for your question.

I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

​Unfortunately, generally, the only way to collect a debt owed for the loan when borrower refuses to pay, is to file a small claims case against this person and here is the link to the official website that explains the small claims process in California in great detail:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/1008.htm

I wish you he best of luck!