Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Is there any legal action I can take against a woman that

Customer Question

Is there any legal action I can take against a woman that will not stop contacting my husband? Granted he does keep in contact with her as well. Last year she actually showed up at our house to 'beat the crap out of you (me)' and after that I blocked her on our phone. Now she is contacting my husband again. He is in the process of being deployed to the middle east and I do not want her to be able to contact him. What, if anything can I do?
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 8 months ago.

Actually, there is nothing you can do except try to get your husband to go to counseling with you. Alienation of affections was a civil wrong for which a deprived spouse could sue the party convincing the alienated spouse to leave, but the right to sue has been abolished in almost all states. It appears that Georgia abolished the right to sue in civil court for alienation of affection in 1979.