Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I received a writ of execution on my door yesterday and it

Customer Question

I received a writ of execution on my door yesterday and it states that the sale date to be determind was yesterday , what does this mean and what can I do?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Was the sale yesterday or was the date set yesterday to occur sometime in the future? Also, do you know what this is about? A judgment, etc?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It's about a car accident and I'm being sued for damages because my insurance lapsed coincidentally same day of accident. But the writ says sale to be determined
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was at fault of the accident, also I didn't go to court and the plantiff won the suit

A writ of execution means the case is over, they got a judgment, and they are preparing to start "grabbing" property from you to pay the judgment. The Sheriff will grab the property and then auction it off later.

What you need to do is go and see a local lawyer and see what they would charge to try and stop the execution and help you identify your exemptions.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.