Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

Please help me to locate my former employer's FEIN or New

Customer Question

Please help me to locate my former employer's FEIN or New York State Employer Registration (ER) Number. The only sites are for providing new FEINs (not helpful). The other option is to pay monthly for access. I only need one. I have the paycheck receipts but the company did not provide. I do have the Doing Business As (DBA) LLC designation.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to say that without calling the IRS or writing to them, this information is generally not available for free online. If you call or write to them, the IRS will provide this number however.

Same goes for the NY State ER.

Third party companies do provide this information, but for a fee. However why pay if you can contact IRS/NY for free and get this information readily?

I can tell you what number to call or even provide a sample letter requesting the F-EIN to the IRS. Let me know if you'd like this.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.