Ask Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. Your Own...
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq.
Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  7+ years of experience handling various legal matters.
9200179

I'm trying to help a friend, She has a California drivers

Customer Question

Hi I'm trying to help a friend, She has a California drivers lic and a social sec. card with the middle name of Renee,she likes that name...
However, she just received a copy of her birth cert also from L.A. California
and it has the middle name of Diana ,,
How do we just get the birth cert changed ? can she walk into court and get it cleared up day of so she can have it read renee so she can get a passport
Please advise thx ,Adam
Expert:  Guillermo J. Senmartin, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** and I am a licensed attorney with more than 14 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help.

If her U.S. birth certificate says Diana as the middle name, how was she able to get those IDs with the middle name of Renee?

I do not know why you are not responding, but you are not charged per question, per response, nor per answer. So after I give you my answer, you can continue to ask me questions without additional charge until you are satisfied. I apologize if it is a site issue that you posted and the post did not go through.

If he birth certificate says Diana as the middle name and she did not get a legal name change through the court or through a Naturalization process if she became a U.S. Citizen later in life, then she will have to go through the local courts to do a name change. Here is an official link:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/selfhelp-namechange.htm

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions and there is no additional charge. Also, should you need to chat on the phone, private email or need help reviewing documentation, I am happy to do so for a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested in these – I am happy to give you more details! When we are done, if you would be so kind as to leave a positive rating for my service, I would sincerely ***** ***** You can do that by clicking on the 3rd, 4th or 5th stars if you see them, or the smiley faces if you see them. If you do not see any stars or smiley faces, please at least leave a THANK YOU for me so I can let the administrators know. Your question thread does NOT close, so you can ask additional questions without additional charge even after leaving a positive rating. Thank you for your understanding.

Hello. I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help? Please let me know. Thank you!