Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was contacted by a Gallager from Lawson and Associates

Customer Question

I was contacted by a John Gallager from Lawson and Associates that I won 1.2 M
However because of the Patriots ACt I need to insure the winnings with a 1% refundable bond. First they said $1200.00
and that was to be wired to Margeret Brommett Benificiary actt 78XXXXXXXX
Wells Fargo Bank.
Now if I send 10,800.00 the winnings will be delivered within 48 hours and the insurance bond refunded once all the documents are signed. This is also supposed to have the taxes all paid.
The winners circle called me yesterday a Mr. Rand verifying the fact that i have won but I am close to the 60 days where they withdraw and give to the runner up after today. I guess some one wins these things but I am susspicious.
Expert:  ScottyMacEsq replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, because that's almost certainly a scam, plain and simple. DO NOT send any money.

How were you contacted? Email? How did you win this money? Through a lottery or some other sweepstakes that you didn't play or didn't remember playing? Was this email from a business domain, or a free email site like Gmail or Yahoo?

Are you there?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. Once you respond to my follow up question, I will respond as soon as I can. Please note that I may be assisting other customers or otherwise out of the office (depending when you respond). Thank you.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Did you see my follow up questions?