Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was involved in a minor fender bender while slowing down

Customer Question

I was involved in a minor fender bender while slowing down on I-15. Damage involved a mirror (mine) rubbing against rear driver panel. No penetration, just rub of mirror in a 5/6 inch line. This could have been buffed out.
Waiting for NHP for 45 minutes to one hour while less than 1 mile from exit to Mesquite and I had to pee. I'm diabetic and I had driven several hours and needed to go. Exchanged all of my info (dirivers license, insurance, contact numbers etc..) with the other driver.
While getting into town minutes later and waiting, the NHP cited me for a hit and run. Is this justified?
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 5 months ago.

Good morning. Can you clarify how they found you? Did you tell the other driver you needed to use the restroom and would return?

Hi, are you still with me?