Barrister, Attorney
Experience:  15 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
19958803

My name is , I am a divorce 55 year old female. I had an

Customer Question

Hello My name is ***** ***** am a divorce 55 year old female. I had an affair with a married separated man in my community. His wife found out, and now, he is being by verbal that she (wife) will have him prosecuted for jail under an Adultery. Is there such a law in the state of MO. and if so, how does or could proceed to keep himself out of jail. Mine you that he and I are business partners too.
Thank You janet
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply, but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

No, adultery is not a criminal offense in Missouri. Adultery has been decriminalized in Missouri by a 1979 act of the legislature. In 1994, the state supreme court uprooted the tort of "criminal conversation," a civil action based on proven adultery.

.

So the married woman can neither file a criminal complaint nor a civil complaint for damages for her husband's actions with you.

.

.

thanks