Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

Is it illegal to knowingly work a injured employee. This

Customer Question

Is it illegal to knowingly work a injured employee. This fact is documented, and resulted in weeks of disability.I do not trust local help, birds of a feather. Further more I was referred to the V.A. by the same rehab that handles My employers cases.......only got 3 month extension on CDL.....Birds of a feather.collaboration? I can tell you the pain was so intense at one point I actually had tears in My eyes.Thee are other issues, but, we can start here.I will require phone numbers. Also I cannot afford $35.00 a question. Can you help me?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

No, it's not illegal for an employer to allow or have an injured employee work as a general proposition. There are specific laws it could violate, like the ADA and possibly some workers comp laws, but they are extremely fact specific and to know if they apply you would have to get a local lawyer who does civil litigation to sit down with you and go over the facts and likely they would have to look at the medical records as well.

Please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread.

You need to ask any additional questions in this thread and not open a new question. I will ask them to close the other one and issue you a refund.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.