Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My neighbor or neighbors have stalked me as far as listening

Customer Question

My neighbor or neighbors have stalked me as far as listening to all of the conversations in my home and a home accroosthe street I was writing a memoir in with a male neighbor.
They have gossiped about me to the point the garbage truck driver honks and shouts out to me. I cannot attend mass because people mock and have actually said things loudly during Mass. I am currently in need of psvchological counseling because of this spying and slander. I dead going out of my house because emn look at me in a way I have never known. I was faithfully married for 28 years. I had a wonderful reputation. I was refered to as miss priss in college. I only mention this because of the irony at not being able to dine at the club my parents belonged to for over 23 years. The waiters laugh at me. I am concerned I will be attacked by a man because of this slander and spying. I have recrding on my phone with men laughing and saying they will be at my office that I worked at because they heard I was available. I have trigeminal neuralgia which is the most painful neurological disease and has been considered the suicide disease. My neighbors involved know this and are relentless at gossip. I don't want to write a book to you. Have I have any recourse..because it gets worse?
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Can you please tell me:

1) What state is this in?

2) Please clarify how they listen to your conversation while you are in the privacy of your own home?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.