Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

A cease and desist letter telling me I can not speak to any

Customer Question

a cease and desist letter telling me I can not speak to any and all law enforcement in a on going investigation into the criminal acts of the person I received it from. Is this not an infringement on my First Amendment Rights?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: filed in Utah and I live in Texas
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have documented evidence that this person is involved in the death of a child
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Ely replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. Please tell me:

1) Are you the defendant in this case? If not, what is your relation to the ongoing case?

2) Who sent the letter - the prosecutor? The Defendant's attorney? Someone else? Etc - please be specific. Thank you.

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.