Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.
10707909

I was served papers old medical bill. The papers say I have

Customer Question

I was served papers for an old medical bill. The papers say I have to answer back to the 11th Judicial Court in Montana. Yes, the bill is mine ($1300.), but I am on SS Disability and can barely pay my rent right now let alone pay this bill. I don't need a judgment against me right now as I am trying to rebuild my credit. Should I file a motion for uncontested hearing? OR call the attorney representing the plaintiff and try to work with them?
Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Hello

This is Samuel. If you are going to admit that you owe the money, I suggest you can contact the attorney and try to negotiate a lower amount. Anything you agree upon, then put in writing. In the meantime, you also will want to file your Answer with the courts in case something happens in the negotiation communication you don't want to be caught in default of not filing an answer. And yes also the Motion for the Uncontested Hearing.

Expert:  Sam replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know here if you have other questions or need clarification. Otherwise a Positive rating ensures i get credit for my time.