Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I am working on a small claims case; I was awarded judgment

Customer Question

I am working on a small claims case; I was awarded judgment and are now waiting out the demand letter (to be answered June 18th). Meanwhile another party is taking me to small claims to recover the same money...has rec'd a judgement against me.
The case is a car I sold in 8-2015 which she had towed & left in storage until Jan 2016. (4 months) The tow co. thinks it is my car (I have proved title and reg. was taken care of) and are trying to get the fees out of me. $3800.00
What do I do? It was suggested I file a limited judgement or a motion to set aside. Need forms if so and advise.
Thank you,
Peggy Staton (###) ###-####or email***@******.***
Expert:  Ely replied 8 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am not sure what you are asking about specifically. For example, are you asking on how to deal with the suit against you, or what exactly? And what are they suing you for (i.e. what do you mean "same money")?