Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

I step on a carpet nail in an apartment that I rent. What

Customer Question

I step on a carpet nail in an apartment that I rent. What can I ask for compensation from the landlord? Linh
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Virginia
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: The carpet have nail intruded out in my bedroom. When I stepped on it, I felt sharp pain under my foot and little bit of blood. I did took the pics right after that.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: It a brand new apartment and they did inspeted the unit. The nail were not visibly seen.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 year ago.

The injury that you describe does not sound serious enough to warrant a claim against the landlord or his insurance company. If you do make such a claim I doubt that it would be worth more than a few hundred dollars. Nevertheless, it should be reported reported in case your foot gets infected or other serious medical complications arise. Be sure to use a good antibiotic ointment on the wound so that does not occur.

Please enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5, for which there is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.