Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I own a Cosmetology school in TN and I have two registered

Customer Question

I own a Cosmetology school in TN and I have two registered sex offenders wanting to enroll. There is a daycare center straight across the street. Does this prevent them from attending this school?
JA: Issues like this can be complex. Fortunately, the attorneys we work with have a lot of experience in education law and it would be my pleasure to match you with the one who's the best fit.
Customer: thanks
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: no, I haven't
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I would like to know what kind of rights I have as a school owner to prevent felons from attending my school.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Did you check with the applicants who are registered sex offenders whether they are prohibited from being within a certain distance from where children might gather?

Why are you concerned about this situation, since it is the responsibility of the sex offenders to follow all the rules and restrictions?