Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have received from the state of Missouri a letter to meet

Customer Question

I have received from the state of Missouri a letter to meet with a DJO over my sons truancy. In Feb. while driving him to school he opened the car door threatening to jump out, then arriving home he hide in the freezing cold for 20 mins. till I found him. With the help of my oldest son I brought him in to school and we saw anxiety like never before. Couple days later I brought him in for evaluation to a hospital.
JA: Issues like this can be complex. Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: Missouri
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I have had him as an outpatient for his anxiety and depression, they released him in March, but the insurance didn't allow him to go with the psychiatrist. we were then put on waiting list for one which started in May, I kept the school informed. We went as far as getting him enrolled in a program to catch up on his school work but the psychiatrist would not sign
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: It took a good month then I went over his head. Finally a week before school was out we got a tutor, but the school then rejected.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?