Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

Does a civil judge order hold merit in foreign country.

Customer Question

does a civil judge order hold merit in foreign country.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I'm not sure what you're asking, can you rephrase? Perhaps add a few facts to put it into context?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
If a judge in North Carolina orders a scram device for custody can it be violated in another country
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it breaking the order if violated in another country

Do you have a copy of the order that you can attach in PDF format? The answer to this really depends on the exact wording of the order.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I will have tomorrow
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Is it possible to violate a judge order from North Carolina in Monaco. How can you violate an order if location out of jurisdiction

The general rule is that the judge's order applies everywhere. Therefore, if the judge tells you that you are on probation and not to consume any alcohol and you are in Australia and are drinking then the judge can revoke your probation.

There are, of course, problems with them being able to prove you are drinking.

The reason they can is because you aren't being punished for violating a criminal statute, you are being punished for the failure to follow a judge's order. In addition, the burden of proof is lower.

I am assuming this is for a probation or parole issue but it could also apply to a bond issue.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you very much

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of something else.