Briarcliff767
Briarcliff767,
8402582

DEPT OF DEFENSE EMPLOYEE 30 YEARS. TO SEA-TAC 15TH JUNE AND

Customer Question

I AM A DEPT OF DEFENSE EMPLOYEE 30 YEARS. I AM TRAVELING TO SEA-TAC 15TH JUNE AND RTURNING ON 19TH OF JUNE FROM SAN DIEGO CALIFORNIA. I WAS INFORMED THAT DOD IMPLOYEES HAVE SOME DISCRETION IN REGARDS ***** ***** I AM TRYING TO AVOID SOME OF THE WAITIING IN LINE.
Expert:  Cerecita replied 8 months ago.

Hello, and thanks for your question.

You can join TSA Precheck, free of charge, if you are a DoD member; you can find all the details, here:

http://www.defensetravel.dod.mil/site/news.cfm?ID=18

Since you're leaving in three days, I don't know if you have enough time to enroll in the system, but if you go to an Enrollment Center near you as a walk-in, you might have to wait longer (if you don't have an appointment), but it's worth a try.

If you have any further questions, you can contact the Travel Assistance Center at 1-***-***-****. They're open 24/7.

I hope this helps and wish you a wonderful trip.

Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback; that is the only way I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you very much!

Providing a positive rating will not end our conversation, should you need me for any follow-up. Simply click 'Reply' for clarification or additional information, if needed, and I will be glad to continue.

Warmest regards,
Cher

Expert:  Briarcliff767 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you. This would be determined depending on what you are traveling for. If it is personal travel all you need to do is show your DOD identification and you will be sent through the line as normal. I have included the regulations of travel for you. If you have further questions please let me know. http://www.dod.mil/dodgc/defense_ethics/resource_library/deskbook/travel_trans.pdf