Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I am freddie , can a PI.(can not confirm) voice record and

Customer Question

Hi i am freddie b, can a PI.(can not confirm) voice record and video tape actives from outside you home legally...
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: serve papers on friday after hours, for grandchildren issue from father in court docs, there is video and tapes of my wife, my daughter, her boyfiend, our grandchildren....Yes on laywer hower he is in euorpe until 21 june, & i have request a contineance, however disappoved---court 14 june
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: arkansas
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Lawyer should know?
Customer: ark code 5-60-120. I think applies= also the use of a PI is an issue if they are not valided by Arkansas state police regulationg serviceing division?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 4 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Arkansas Code 5-60-120 does apply to recording audio unless they are a party to the conversations. This does not apply in places where there is no expectation of privacy, so if they recorded audio when you were outside and they were standing in a place where anyone could hear your conversation, those recordings can be made. They cannot record in your home or in places where there was a reasonable expectation of privacy. Video on the other hand is not illegal to record if the person has a legal right to be where they are standing and can see it with their eyes and hear it with their ears from where they are standing.
If there is a question as to whether or not he was legally where he could hear the conversations, then that information would have to be turned over to the police for investigation and filing charges with the district attorney.
Yes, under Arkansas law for a person to work as a PI in Arkansas, they must be licensed by the state police and you need to report this to them to determine whether or not this person was licensed as a PI and was hired as a PI without a license.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Outstanding thanks next question in a minute

Thank you for your reply.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
more questions to follow later thank you
Please understand the experts on this site are not employees here, so we do not get any credit just for spending time with customers who fail to leave positive feedback. I thank you again for understanding that.