TJ, Esq.
TJ, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JD, MBA

In Pennsylvania Schuylkill county my wife was pulled over

Customer Question

Hello in Pennsylvania Schuylkill county my wife was pulled over and charged with a DUI even though she wasn't under the influence of anything. Long story short they had her car impounded and it's been 4 days and the towing company that towed the car told me that there is a hold on the car by the police and that I should contact them . So I've called 6 times and they tell me they will have an officer contact me which noone has. The question I have is there a certain time frame they have to release the car or what do I do next thanks
Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for the opportunity to assist you. My name is ***** ***** I will do my very best to answer your legal questions.

No, unfortunately, there is no specific time frame for them to hold the car. More than likely, they simply haven't gotten around to doing what they intend to do with it ... i.e., checking for evidence and then releasing it. I would visit the police in person in order to get this taken care of, because it's too easy to hang up a phone and forget about it. The squeaky wheel gets the grease, and in this situation, somebody standing in front of them to get his car is pretty squeaky compared to somebody on a phone who disappears when they hang up.

Does that answer your question? Please let me know if you need clarification, as I am happy to continue helping you until you are satisfied.

Expert:  TJ, Esq. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I didn't hear back from you, so I'm just checking in to make sure that you don't need more help on this issue. If not, then please remember to provide a positive rating (and note that your positive rating is the only way that I'll get credit for helping you, so I greatly appreciate it). Thank you!