CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

Sir, I agree rate is changing. But coverage changed by them.

Customer Question

Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.

Dear Customer,

The problem with this type of issue is that insurance carriers send policy notices each year to the insured.

It is the insured's obligation to review and understand any policy changes prior to agreeing to the terms and purchasing another year's worth of coverage.

(I know this is not terribly fair, and it is something that consumer advocacy groups may be interested in advocating for change, but as it stands, the carriers are not going to be responsible for anything beyond this. If the insured is not happy with the changes in coverage they can negotiate with that carrier for better terms (this is likely nothing more than a theoretical possibility), or they can shop with other carriers for better coverage/rates).