Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

If person A pays person to go inside a home and take

Customer Question

If person A pays person B to go inside a home and take something that belongs to person A can person A be charged with a crime?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Yes, unfortunately. Person A can be charged with conspiracy to commit the burglary, which means he can be subjected to the same sentencing possibilities as the person who actually committed the crime.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok, but what if the case has already been closed?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

How long ago was it closed? In what US state?

Is this a hypothetical or has this been reported to the authorities?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
no it isnt a hypotetical. I would like to explain by phone I already paid but for some reason It didnt work. The case was opened by the homeowner and the authorities closed the case, it was two months ago. But someone is threatening that they have proof via text messages that the event occored and who did it. They are threatening to take it to the police. But the property was not the homeowners and there is proof of that. She was holding it, she had actually said she would give it back but then changed her mind. Then a third party said they had proof with text that it happend and they were going tto take it to the police
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Also it was in texas
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if you dont mind staying online I will try to pay again for the phone conversation
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Try to work that out. I will be online, though I will be eating dinner shortly and would not be able to call you for an hour or so.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Nope. Still shows payment failure.

Let me try this another way and maybe it will work.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

I've sent you an email with a link for a phone call. Pehaps it can work that way.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I can not get it to work I think it's a security issue with my credit card
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Then we will have to communicate here unless you want to try to pay with another card.

I'm going to be eating dinner in a few minutes. But meanwhile, did the people who told you about reporting this to the police ask for money? Did you make any incriminating statements to them.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 5 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.