Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

A friend wants me to co-sign s mortgage. He will pay all the

Customer Question

A friend wants me to co-sign his mortgage. He will pay all the bills but doesn't have the the needed credit standing. I do. I trust him but do not know what my legal liability would be if he can't keep up hs mortgage or various kinds of liability. I would like to help him but don't know what kind of risk I would be taking.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 4 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, occasionally I will respond from a mobile JA unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response - but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. It's very nice of you to consider doing this - but you should at least be aware that you're taking on a tremendous risk by doing so. If your friend stops paying for the mortgage, legally you would be responsible for the entire thing. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. Please also submit a rating so I receive credit for assisting you today.