CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I ordered a pair of custom boots in November 2014. The boot

Customer Question

I ordered a pair of custom boots in November 2014. The boot arrives and are not as ordered and do not fit. I paid 1500 for the boots and have attempted repair 3 times. I am requesting a refund and the company refuses. In addition, they have threatened to sue me if I continue talks with the Better Buissnes Burea or an attorney. What can I do?
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 4 months ago.

Dear Customer,

While your right to return the boots may not be certain (returns of custom order products are governed by the specific terms of your purchase agreement, so you may not actually have a right to return them for your money back, even if they do not fit properly).

I can tell you that the company cannot sue you for filing a claim with the BBB, nor can they interfere with your right to speak to an attorney. (You can even file a breach of contract action against them if you like - whether or not you will prevail in such an action is another matter, but they cannot prevent you from doing so).