Taylor
Taylor, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney
87350578

HOW CAN I RESEARCH OF ANY SUBSTANTIATED COMPLAINTS AGAINST A

Customer Question

HOW CAN I RESEARCH OF ANY SUBSTANTIATED COMPLAINTS AGAINST A POLICE DEPT. & OR PEACE OFFICER, CIVAL LAW SUITS.
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I want to welcome you to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Confirmed
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just tell me if this is public info f it is where can I find it
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Ok, can i ask a few questions so i can better answer your question?

Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Have you filed any lawsuits against the alleged police dept and officers? I believe you said something about civil suits?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Nothing has been filed. My son is in custody and I want to know if the police officers or this police department has any complaints. If these police officers who made the report have ever been in trouble of lieing
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

do you have the names of the officers? what city and state do you live in?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I only have last names and first initials on some, but all from Downey police department. Corporal Kurtz C. Police officer ***** *****, officer S Runyan. Detective R Del Rio. Detective Medina and Detective Galindo.
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Downey where?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Downey California. All I need to know if its public information, and where do I start looking? I don't want to take up a lot of your time.
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

No problem, sorry for so many questions i just wanted the specific information so i could find the website for you to look up.

Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

It would be public information if there were any charges filed against the people or if they had ever been part of a lawsuit.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
thanks
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

it looks like the website for la county charges you for each search. I would recommend calling the court clerk and asking them to search for those names.

Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

Hopefully that answers your question. If you are satisfied, i would really appreciate a positive rating. Have a nice day!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Didn't answer my question but thanks
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

I believe i did. I told you it would be public information if the cops had ever had charges filed against them or any civil lawsuits (complaints). I also mentioned you could call your court clerk or go to the lacounty website to search the names for any charges or complaints against them.

If you have more questions i would be happy to answer them.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok thx
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

If you are satisfied i would appreciate a positive rating!

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok
Expert:  Taylor replied 8 months ago.

best of luck!