CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
71563194

I want to re a Texas Animal Law attorney to help me change

Customer Question

I want to hire a Texas Animal Law attorney to help me change the law against cruelty to animals in Texas. Right now it excludes circus animals, wild animals and lab animal. My challenge is to overcome the complacent acceptance of canned lion hunts by the courts.
I don't use email because I don't like or trust it. Please cal me, reverse charges,(###) ###-#### ***** represent me against the state of Texas I guess. I live in Calif and hate to fly but I'm committed. Hopefully it will get to Supreme Court. How much will it cost?
E.Winter
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 5 months ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Unfortunately, our forum does not allow us to actually represent customers (as part of our agreement to work as experts here, we can neither accept nor solicit clients from the site).

However, i do believe I can assist you in directing you to some appropriate sites and resources to find an attorney or law firm that can represent you.

You likely are not going to be limited only to finding an attorney that deals with animal law. You are more likely going to be best served by an attorney that specializes in legislative law (someone who approaches state legislature and attempts to change state policy there). The idea there is to try to get state legislators to change their position as opposed to attacking a policy in court.

(However, contacting a Texas Attorney and discussing the full range of the problem, the exact scope of what you want to achieve, and their perception of the likelihood of achieving a statutory change as opposed to a judicial change, will give you a much better idea (as well as a better idea of the cost/benefit analysis for each).

As you live in CA, you are likely going to need to find like minded individuals in Texas to partner in your efforts. (Again, the law firm will be able to discuss this in more detail and how or why this is critical or recommended depending on whether you pursue a judicial (required) or legislative (recommended) process).

You can find local (when I say local, I mean attorneys local to Austin, Texas) attorneys using the State and local Bar Association directories, or private directories such as www.AVVO.com; www.FindLaw.com; or www.Martindale.com (I personally find www.AVVO.com to be the most user friendly).