How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JustAnswer Your Own Question
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  JustAnswer
Type Your Legal Question Here...
JustAnswer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm in a civil case against my ex fiancée with breeched

Customer Question

I'm in a civil case against my ex fiancée with breeched signed contract to a 3rd party. My lawyer who is a good guy, accidentally misinterpreted the filing requirements didn't put in the promissory emails nor contract in the initial filing. Judge thus granted dismissal and while I had been in settlements discussions prior to receive $200k + back, because judge denied because of filings, I am now about to have to pay HIM $38,500 towards his legal. It appears to be negligence. I want to know if I can appeal to higher court and show judges findings and ask for reconsideration since it just came to my awareness that the reason judge threw out my case was because of improper filing rather than lack of meritt.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.