JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Experience:  JustAnswer
94416922

I'm in a civil case against my ex fiancée with breeched

Customer Question

I'm in a civil case against my ex fiancée with breeched signed contract to a 3rd party. My lawyer who is a good guy, accidentally misinterpreted the filing requirements didn't put in the promissory emails nor contract in the initial filing. Judge thus granted dismissal and while I had been in settlements discussions prior to receive $200k + back, because judge denied because of filings, I am now about to have to pay HIM $38,500 towards his legal. It appears to be negligence. I want to know if I can appeal to higher court and show judges findings and ask for reconsideration since it just came to my awareness that the reason judge threw out my case was because of improper filing rather than lack of meritt.
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.